UPDATE: Dear my dear album commentary available on the link!
The countdown is over, Chen is officially back! The music video for his new title track “Shall we?” dropped at midnight on October 1 and it is as beautiful as we imagined.
Check out the MV with English subtitles here:
This “newtro” sound fits EXO’s main vocalist so well and the love story between the couple in the MV perfectly complements the song.
The lyrics – especially the “Shall we cross the sparkling galaxy together?” verse in the chorus – may be one of the most romantic we have ever heard. This is the kind of song that makes you feel in love even if you have never been. We can’t wait to hear Chen perform “Shall we?” live!
Don’t forget that Jongdae will hold his comeback VLive at 5 pm and the entire Dear my dear album drops an hour later.
As for his promotion schedule, it includes numerous radio appearances as well as some music show and other performances. The album fan event is taking place on October 4 and Chen chose white for the dress code during his first solo Vlive on September 29.
See the current official schedule below (all times refer to KST).
- October 2
- (12 PM) MBC-R FM4U Kim Shinyoung’s Noon’s Hope Song
- October 3
- (12 PM) KBS-R Cool FM Jung Eunji’s Gayo Plaza
- (7 PM) CASPER RADIO on V LIVE
- October 4
- (12 PM) SBS Power FM Choi Hwajung’s Power Time
- (8 PM) Dear my dear fan event at Yes24 Live Hall
- October 5
- (3:30 PM) MBC Show! Music Core – prerecording; due to a scheduled baseball game, this episode will air on October 12
- October 6
- (3:50 PM) SBS Inkigayo
- (8 PM) SBS Super Concert 2019 at Incheon Asiad Main Stadium
- October 8
- (7:30 PM) Dear my dear fansign at the Lotte World Tower SKY31 Convention auditorium
Meanwhile, Chen’s comeback hashtags are already the top three Twitter trending topics worldwide. Good job, EXO-Ls!
What did you think of Chen’s first comeback? Comment down below!